Help With Your Health
Help With Your Health provides support and skills enabling people to be more informed about managing different aspects of their health.
Each session is an hour and a half long. The sessions are practical, enjoyable, non judgmental and accessible to a wide range of participants.
The group will be sharing experiences and learning together in a highly interactive workshop; it is not about testing knowledge.
All sessions are FREE to attend!
- Session 1: Prepare for your medical appointment
- Session 2: Understand your food labels
- Session 3: Understand your medication
- Session 4: Plan for your health
- Session 5: Understanding blood pressure
- Session 6: Understanding joint pain
- Session 7: Understanding digestion
- Session 8: Understanding stress and sleep
Host a workshop
You can get involved with the “Help with Your Health” workshop by hosting a workshop at your organization or community centre. This is a great way to get involved and with no cost to the participants, it is an excellent way to give back to the community.
Your organization will work in collaboration with the Living Healthy Champlain team. We will supply all workshop materials, help to promote the workshop and help with taking registration, if necessary. We have trained Leaders in many communities who can facilitate the workshop. Or, staff or volunteers from your organization can train as Leaders to deliver the workshop at your centre.
Hosting a workshop requires:
- Space that is accessible and can accommodate up to 20 people
- Tables, chairs and wall space for charts.
- Convenient parking, or nearby transit is helpful
- Community spirit!
If you would like to look for a workshop, go to Workshop Registration or call 1-877-240-3941 for more information.